Beauty Temple (Nottingham) Limited
1. General Information
- “Beauty Temple” is Beauty Temple (Nottingham) Ltd of Unit 7 Daleside House, Park Road East, Calverton, Nottingham NG14 6LL.
- “City” is the Beauty Temple salon at 4 Queen Street, Nottingham NG1 2BL.
- “Mapperley” is the Beauty Temple salon at 451 Westdale Lane, West Mapperley, Nottingham NG3 6DH.
- “West Bridgford” is the Beauty Temple salon at 2 Gordon Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 5LN.
- The “Salons” will refer to City, Mapperley and West Bridgford.
- “Owl House” will refer to Owl House Day Spa at The Crew Yard, Langley Priory, Diseworth DE73 8BB.
- The “Client” is the person, group or organisation who has requested a Treatment or Product from the Salons or Owl House.
- The “Treatment” will be the service that the Salons and Owl House offer to supply to the Client.
- The “Product” will mean any goods that the Salons and Owl House have agreed to supply to the Client.
- The “Price” shall be the amount provided by the Salons and Owl House at the point of order. If the original order is subsequently amended, it will be the figure for the amended order.
- These Terms and Conditions will represent the whole of the agreement for provision of Treatments or Products to the Client.
To safely provide the Treatment, and if necessary supply Products, the Client will be requested to supply certain information in writing before anything is done. This information must be provided completely and accurately by the Client as it will be relied upon by the Salons and Owl House.
- It is essential that the Client makes full and accurate disclosure of any medical conditions, as some Treatments are not suitable for those with certain conditions. Unless proper information is supplied by the Client, the proper advice, Treatments or Products cannot be given or supplied to them.
- If the Client has any concerns about their current state of health they must consult their GP before booking any Appointment. Conditions where a consultation with a GP is essential include but are not restricted to:
- Heart and Circulatory Problems
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Migraines, dizziness or fainting spells
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Surgery within the previous six months
- Use of prescription drugs that affect the person’s ability to react to heat
- Beauty Temple will not provide Treatment to anyone with an infectious disease or skin condition. If in doubt the Client must consult their GP.
- Essential oils are often used in treatments and the Client must fully disclose any allergies with staff prior to arrival, in order for staff to ascertain if they can safely proceed.
- Any serious conditions, such as cancer, must be disclosed before the day of the Appointment for the Treatment. Properly trained staff must be provided and if that is not possible at the time of the requested Appointment, the Client will be informed. Attempts will be made to arrange an alternative time.
- Most Treatments can be adapted for most conditions but not if no prior notice is given by the Client. Management will be pleased to discuss any concerns with a Client in confidence, preferably before an Appointment is made.
- Staff are always available to discuss any concerns regarding any medical conditions or possible medical conditions, and it is for the Client to make full disclosure and act on any advice given.
- If medical information is provided on the registration form, the Client must provide their consent for the data to be retained by the Salons and Owl House as otherwise, no Treatment or Products can be supplied, and the Salons and Owl House will have no liability to the Client. Such consent will initially be obtained when the Client signs the registration form.
If a Client has a disability or any care requirements, they must inform the Salons or Owl House at the time of booking and upon arrival for the Appointment. This is necessary to ensure the staff can make any necessary adaptions to ensure that the Client can safely enjoy their Treatment as far as is possible.
5. Provision of the Treatments
- The Treatments and their outcomes are advertised to the Client in good faith and will be supplied with reasonable care and skill. However, no particular result is guaranteed unless put in writing by the Salons or Owl House to the Client.
- The Salons and Owl House reserve the right to make minor adjustments to the detail and if necessary provide a similar Treatment or Products of similar value, to those advertised if the original is not available.
- If the Client does not accept any such minor amendment then it will be at the discretion of the Salons or Owl House as to, if any, reduction in the price or refund is given.
- If provision of any Treatment or Product is an essential part of the service to the Client, the Client must advise the Salons or Owl House in writing at the time of booking and, in any event, at least 48 hours prior to their Appointment. The Salons and Owl House will then have the option to cancel the booking without any liability if circumstances indicate that service cannot be provided at the agreed time.
- No variation of an order or booking shall be binding unless agreed by the Salons or Owl House.
6. Responsibilities of Clients
- Clients are advised not to consume alcohol or a heavy meal prior to attending the Salons or Owl House for Treatments.
- Glasses and contact lenses must be removed prior to Treatments.
- Clients are advised not to bring jewellery to the Salons and Owl House and should not wear any when having Treatments, except wedding bands.
- Following any Treatment, the Client should have a period of relaxation and drink clear fluids, as they may experience drowsiness, excessive thirst and possible minor reactions to essential oils. Any skin reactions must be immediately reported to the Duty Manager at the Salons or Owl House.
- The Client should inform the therapist if they are in an uncomfortable position, find the therapists pressure unenjoyable or they are too hot or cold. Unless the therapist is told, they will be unable to ensure the visit is as enjoyable as it should be.
- The Client should be aware that the times allocated for treatments incorporate the time necessary for preparation, consultation and relaxation.
- The Client will inform the Salons or Owl House of any deadlines or any other time-related factors before the order or Appointment is made and accepted by them. Otherwise, time will not be of the essence.
- The Salons and Owl House will not be liable for any delay in delivery or performance, or the inability to provide any Treatment or Product, if the delay or failure is due to an Act of God, fire, inclement or exceptional weather, industrial action, hostilities, breakdown, shortage of labour, materials, power or other supplies, governmental order or intervention or any cause beyond their control.
- The Client will co-operate fully with the Salons and Owl House and respond promptly and fully to all communications sent to them.
- The Client will inform the Salons and Owl House immediately of any change in the information previously supplied or changes in circumstances.
7. Owl House
- Owl House makes every effort to ensure their equipment is in good working order. However, should the Steam Machine, Sauna or Hot Tub, or other piece of equipment not be available to the Client, then an alternative Treatment or piece of equipment of equal value will be offered to them. Unless the Client had stated in writing at the point of making the Appointment that use of that equipment was essential to them, the Client will accept any reasonable alternative offered to them. If the equipment had been stated as essential, then Owl House will make a reasonable refund proportionate to the experience as a whole.
- Every Client must return the locker key given to them, prior to leaving the premises. Owl House reserves the right to make a charge for obtaining a replacement for any keys lost or removed from the premises. Clients are advised to take full advantage of the locker provided for them.
8. Procedure and Security
- Clients must ensure they take all their belongings with them when they leave the premises. Owl House and the Salons will keep any items left behind for a period of seven days, after which they will be disposed of.
- Clients are advised not to bring any valuables with them. Beauty Temple accepts no responsibility for the safety of their Clients’ personal possessions whilst on any of their premises.
- Owl House and Mapperley accept no responsibility for loss of or damage to any vehicle or its contents, however caused, whilst parked in the grounds or in the vicinity of the Salon.
- Clients are asked to keep to the allocated arrival time given to them. Facilities for early arrivals are very limited and entry may be refused until the allocated time.
- Clients must leave the premises by their allotted departure time, as otherwise Beauty Temple reserves the right to make a surcharge.
- For group bookings, Treatments will be allocated a time slot between the arrival and departure times. If the Client requires a Treatment to be at a specific time, they must inform Owl House and the Salons prior to arrival. Beauty Temple will use their best endeavours to arrange this, but it cannot be guaranteed.
- Any issues with the Treatments or facilities must be raised with the staff during the visit or afterwards in writing within seven days of the visit, so that it can be investigated by the appropriate Owl House and Salon management.
- Any damage caused or discovered by a Client must be reported immediately to a member of staff at the Salons and Owl House.
- The Salons and Owl House reserve the right to charge Clients for any damage or losses they cause.
- Any damage discovered by staff and not reported to them will be assumed to have been caused by the most recent Clients to the Salons and Owl House and they will be charged for repairs accordingly.
10. Cancellation Policy
- If a client wishes to cancel an Appointment at the Salons, then 24 hours’ notice must be given. If this is not done, and an equivalent alternative Client is not found, and the Appointment remains unfilled, then the Salons will retain any deposit paid and reserve the right to make a charge for their full loss arising from the cancellation.
- When making an Appointment at Owl House, the Client will be given the cancellation period within which they must cancel the order. For group bookings, this will probably be six weeks, due to the level of planning that will be undertaken, or 14 days for bookings by two or fewer
- In any event, if an Appointment at Owl House is cancelled within 14 days of booking then an administration fee of £25 per person will be charged and the balance of any deposit returned. If cancellation is after 14 days, then the full deposit will be retained.
- If the cancellation periods above are not complied with, Owl House reserves the right to make a charge for their lost profits arising from such cancellation.
- The Salons and Owl House reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate an Appointment, if there are serious grounds for doing so, and will advise the Client accordingly.
- Any requests to change the dates of Appointments will be accommodated if possible. However, any such requests for the Salons must be at least 24 hours before the Appointment and for Owl House, four weeks for group bookings and three days for bookings by two or fewer At all premises, the first date change will be free of charge but any subsequent changes will incur a £10 per person administration charge.
11. Limit of Liability
- The Salons and Owl House will not be liable for any claim for indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or any loss of profits made by the Client or any Third Party.
- The Clients remedies in respect of any claim against The Salon and Owl House for Products provided or any part thereof shall be limited to:
- The collection and replacement of the Products by The Salons and Owl House; or
- At their discretion the refund of the Price.
- If the Salons or Owl House are unable, for any reason, to supply the Products ordered or Treatments booked at all, then a reasonable alternative would be offered. If this is not acceptable to the Client, the order will be cancelled without any liability.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or any liabilities that may not be excluded by law.
- Payment terms will be agreed at the time of the Order or booking the Appointment.
- At the Salons, payment will be due at the time of the Order of Products or booking of Treatments if done online. Bookings made over the telephone or in person may require payment of a deposit. The balance is payable after provision of the Treatment or Products and before leaving the premises where they are provided.
- At Owl House, payment is due two months before the date the Treatments are to be provided. If the booking is made less than two months from that date, then payment in full must be made when booking. If payment is not made when due, Owl House reserves the right to cancel the Appointment and retain any deposit paid towards their losses.
- The person making the booking, who is the point of contact for a group, will be personally responsible for payment of the full amount due, should the individual members of the group fail to make payments due.
- If an Invoice is not paid on the due date agreed between the parties, the Salons and Owl House have the right to charge interest at 8% over the current Bank of England base rate, to be added to the Invoice until the date of actual payment.
- If an Invoice or any other sums remain outstanding, then the Salons and Owl House reserve the right to suspend all Orders and Appointments, and make no further deliveries, and provide no further Treatments, until such payment is made.
- Bookings are taken for the provision of some Treatments to children from 7 years of age and for parties from 4 years. Consent forms for those under 16 years, both for the provision of Treatments and the taking of data under GDPR rules, must be signed by a parent or guardian of that child.
- Young adults between 16 and 18 years can sign their own consent forms, provided staff are satisfied they believe the person to understand what they are signing. If not satisfied, treatment can be refused.
- Reasonable care will be taken by staff for the safety of children on the premises but ultimately, their safety remains the responsibility of the adult responsible for them or their group.
- If any children are found causing distress or difficulties for other Clients at the Salons or Owl House, the responsible adult will be asked to remove them from the premises.
- Clients must inform Owl House or the Salons of any food allergies when making the booking.
- Information on food allergens is available upon request and Clients must raise any concerns or ask questions before ordering. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure their food choices are suitable for them.
- If Clients have any special dietary requirement, such as gluten free, dairy free or vegan, then Owl House and the Salons must be told at the point of booking. Every effort will be made to comply with any requirements, but the Client must be aware that due to the ingredients involved, the charge may be higher to cover this.
- Vouchers are valid for twelve months from the date of issue, unless purchased for a specified period under a promotion.
- Change or credit for unused Vouchers or part unused Vouchers will not be given.
- Once activated, Vouchers will not be replaced or refunded if lost, stolen or damaged.
- Bookings using Gift Vouchers must be made in advance and are subject to availability. Clients must be aware of the need to book early.
- The Client must inform the Salons or Owl House if they will be using Vouchers at the point of Booking. The original Voucher must be presented on arrival at the premises as part of the final payment, otherwise the Client must make payment in the normal manner.
16. Sale of Products
- All Products are subject to availability.
- Delivery periods are subject to availability. The Salons and Owl House are not responsible for delays caused by matters beyond their control.
- The Salons and Owl House have the option to refuse to supply any Product without giving a reason.
- All images of Products on any website are for guidance only.
- Membership schemes are available for the Salons and Owl House. The Products and Treatments advertised as included in these membership schemes are advertised in good faith. However, it is not guaranteed that every Product and Treatment will always be included. These are subject to availability and change over time.
- The first payment of the annual Owl House Membership subscription, for all levels of membership, will be equivalent to two months subscription. No Products or Treatments will be available until this is received. The balance will be paid over ten months in equal monthly installments.
- Owl House reserves the right to suspend a Membership and all Products and Treatments if any monthly payment is not received on the due date, until payments are brought up to date.
- The annual Membership subscription for the Royal Membership at the Salons must be paid in full before any Treatments and Products are available.
- The Memberships will be automatically renewed each year, unless the Client gives Beauty Temple one months’ notice in writing that they do not wish to renew, before the annual renewal date.
- All the Terms and Conditions for the Salons and Owl House will also apply to the Memberships, including the charge of £10 per person if any Treatment is rearranged on more than one occasion.
18. Goods and Services Purchased Online
- Goods and Service purchased online or over the telephone can be subject to a Cooling Off Period. However, this will not apply to:
- Services and Treatments booked for a specified date; or
- Products that cannot be safely returned once opened or used.
- For other Products, the Client must inform the Salons or Owl House that they do not want to keep the Products or Vouchers within 14 Days of receiving them. For a refund, they must be returned as soon as possible. If upon receipt the Salons and Owl House believe that the Product has been opened or used, then no refund will be issued.
- Vouchers are redeemable immediately upon purchase. If the Client exercises the right of cancellation, then a deduction will be made for Treatments taken or Products purchased prior to cancellation.
- Appointments made using the Vouchers but not yet taken at the point of cancellation will remain and must be paid for by other means. If the Clients wishes to cancel the Appointment, they must inform the Salons and Owl House.
19. General Data Protection Regulation
The Salons and Owl House will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other applicable Data Protection legislation. They will provide a copy of their Privacy Notice on their website. For the Salons this is www.beautytemple.co.uk and for Owl House this is www.owlhousedayspa.co.uk. The Salons and Owl House will only process data to the extent required to enable it to provide Treatment or Product and as necessary to comply with its own legal obligations. The Salons and Owl House may contact the Client with details of similar products and offers in the future, as allowed by the GDPR.
All details and any information supplied by the Client to the Salons and Owl House will be kept strictly confidential by them. Any information supplied to the Salons and Owl House will be used by them solely for providing the Treatment or Product unless obligated to provide it by law, court order or any Governmental or regulatory authority.
If one or more of these terms are found to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will remain valid and enforceable.
In the first instance, complaints should be raised with the Duty Manager at the Salon or Owl House, wherever the Treatment or Product was provided. If the Client is not satisfied with the outcome, they should put their concerns in writing within 7 days and deliver this to the location where the treatment took place.
The Salons and Owl House reserve the right to use sub-contractors for provision of the whole, or any part of, any Services. Such sub-contractors will be subject to the same obligations as employed staff at the Salons or Owl House.
24. Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England.